Looking for an active community

Apr 04, 2018, 01:53 PM

Hi all,

I was looking for more people to talk songwriting with, and I found this site on the web. 

My background is pretty varied, due mostly to my advancing age.  I have a formal education in composition, and worked as a composer and music instructor for years before taking time off for family and a more stable career.  I got back into writing seriously a couple of years ago, and have been working hard on making my songs current.  My main projects right now are a musical (called ‘The Blues, or something like it’), some one-off country songs and the occasional instrumental piece.

I hope to make some new friends here, learn a few things, and just have fun being part of a community.

Cheers!
Russell

Russell Shiffer Joined Apr 03, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 04, 2018, 10:49 PM

Hello Russell,

Welcome to SW101, good to have you here.  There are many talented people here willing to listen and help in any way.  Take a little time to check out the forums, don’t be shy, ask questions, leave comments, join in on conversations, post some of your works, your participations will be appreciated.  Good luck and best wishes,

Speak soon,

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Deacon Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 05, 2018, 11:53 PM

Thanks Deacon, my first few days have been fun here.  Feels like a good place.

Russell Shiffer Joined Apr 03, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM