Added some piano :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

Nice! You have a great sound going there. What I like about your stuff these days is that there’s so much variety in each song. The ear never gets bored, but somehow it all fits together.

Not sure what genre this would be. Maybe you’re inventing your own - Ominous Christian or maybe Christian Foreboding. :)

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 16, 2018, 12:17 PM

Medieval Christian? LOL

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 16, 2018, 12:34 PM

Prophetapocalyptopolitical!!!! :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 16, 2018, 05:37 PM
JAPOV - 16 April 2018 12:34 PM

Prophetapocalyptopolitical!!!! :)

Sounds too much like prophylactic.

Some old-skool relijun there, though. It feels like I’m being scolded, but it’s kind of like Bruce Springsteen and the whole E-Street band came round to my house to tell me what a jerk I was for cutting in front of their van. It’s an uncomfortable message, but it sounds so good.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 16, 2018, 07:02 PM

Lol!!
There’s actually a movement in that piano part that’s bugging me…. now that I have taken off the headphones…

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 18, 2018, 01:50 AM

I quite like the piano bit actually.

Cool track, I like the vox.

To my ear it could use a bit more lift when the bass and distorted guitar come in. Maybe if the drums lifted a bit more in that section? Maybe have the bass play a few less notes focused a bit more on the stronger beats? Also, to my ear the tempo on the first bit sounds right, but wouldn’t sound bad a few bpm faster, and the louder bit sounds like it could be a few bpm faster, so I’d probably raise the tempo of the whole piece a bit. Sounds your going for a doomy vibe though, so if that’s what you were going for you can ignore me.

Tim Fowler Joined Apr 18, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 18, 2018, 05:20 AM

The truth is, when I play the acoustic part faster it just gets “muddled”. It’s funny you mention the transition as well, while experimenting with the piano part I decided to let each instrument come in one at a time at the break and chopped up the guitar part a bit… I think it makes a big difference. Good ear man, great feedback!! :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM