Need contacts for song publishers

Jun 11, 2018, 09:41 AM

Have some very good demos I’d like to submit.

carroll kiphen Joined Feb 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 11, 2018, 11:48 AM

Carrol,

I know you are probably not going to want to hear this, but it is very doubtful you are going to get any contacts for legitamate publishers, because they no longer operate in that fashion. They have their own artists, their own songs, their own writers that they usually even have money invested in, so it is doubtful they are interested in anyone outside their own worlds.

Then, as one told me recently, “We no longer look for songs. We are looking for artists.” The reasons is that songs themselves have lost all value and today’s artists are not interested in listening to anything they are not writers on.
So publishers themselves are hitting brick walls when trying to pitch songs.

What you will find are “music Libraries”, film and television, libraries, etc. Or the “We’ll do your demos in our studio and pitch your songs to the top artists” (for very large fees).
Or you can “self publish” which is what everyone is until they get someone to take over the job.

But I doubt you are going to find much in the way of publishers interested in outside songs for other than up front fees. If you are willing to pay those, there are a ton of them. I don’t know a publisher in this town who has taken outside songs for about 25 years. I could be wrong, but I doubt it, especially because that is a question I am asked continually and I also ask friends of mine who are publishers. That is what they tell me. Take it for what it is. Advice worth what you pay for it.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 08, 2018, 03:20 AM

SO TRUE MARC

And who in their right mind would pass it on ???? if it did exist

We have to earn the right To Pitch A Song , There are many ways

to get your song heard ,  and this site is not one of them.

a web site like this is for learning the business and   improving

what you are doing ,  by listening to others and well meant comments

Too much undeserved back slapping will just get you into debt,   

Song Writing can be taught , if the pupil is willing to take in the truth

But the chances of success to outsiders who cant sing or play an instrument

are nill.

This is The new Millenium where even being average is not worth a dime ,  The

old way of making money , has gone ,  Its Gone with all those Big Name Publishers

Be your Own Publisher most of todays Top Writers have their own Publishing

companies administered by Publishing Conglomerates

But sadly even this method is becoming harder

[ Edited: 08 July 2018 03:28 AM by Peter Kristian]

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 08, 2018, 06:35 PM

Peter,

There has always been an element of the Internet I have never understood. How people think they can just skip over making relationships, building friendships, actually LEARNING the ins and outs of the business, and simply “mail something in” and get results. I’ve never understand that. It would be like someone who decides one day they want to be a doctor but “don’t want to waste time studying, putting in the years of study, practice, late nights, interning, spending money for the education, and all the other things that all doctors have to do. Wow. Interesting thought process.

In the “REAL” music business (not the Internet music business) there are “REAL” people who spend years and now DECADES to get their relationships, skill level, all up to speed. Not to mention the LUCK that it takes to be in the right place at the right time. Luck, of course, is where opportunity and preparation meet.”

The people most of people on the “outside” are trying to get through (the gatekeepers), have spent enormous amount of money, lost relationships, have had to put family and other things on the back burner, and have been focused on building their careers a year at a time.

People on the outside simply never see that or even understand it. But Lord they spend a lot of money and go down a lot of dead ends, trying to find out the hard way. Always an interesting way to go.

Good to hear from you.
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM