Lifeline

Jun 24, 2018, 09:30 PM

Hey guys

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while, been away for the last couple of months with work but now back in the land of the living and looking forward to listening to all the latest posts.

This is a new original “lifeline” in its demo stage, still got work to do on it but would appreciate the feedback if you guys get a chance.

Cheers

Corbs

https://soundcloud.com/luke-corbett-409368832/lifeline

Luke Corbett Joined Feb 25, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2018, 04:56 PM

Hi Luke. It’s hard to tell from the demo. What style would this be, metal?

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2018, 09:02 PM

G’day Gav

It’s a Little Rock ballad/alternative/grunge mate. Don’t really know what to classify it as mate. Didn’t think of it until you asked. Could probably make up a new genre mate. Hahahahaha

Take care

Corbs

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2018, 11:54 PM

Hello, I just listened to this song.I like how you applied the vocals to the verse that involved (TRUE). I liked the lyrics and the music. It would be cool to hear this finished product. I would definitely say its a Rock genre.

” I’m just a guy with a Guitar”
      BC Caster

BCCaster Joined Aug 29, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 27, 2018, 01:17 AM

Hey Luke,
I enjoyed it. It has a kind of Nirvana sound. In my head I can already hear a full band version with drums, bass and more guitars. Cool song. You rock.

All the best
Robert

http://www.robertbaitinger.de

Robert Baitinger Joined Jun 01, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 30, 2018, 08:18 PM

Cheers for the feedback BC. Appreciate it mate. I am working on the rest of it and hope to finish it next time I fly home in about 8 weeks. Will keep you posted.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 30, 2018, 08:20 PM

Cheers Rob

I have written the drum track and the bass track, just need the time to sort it out. Being a drummer, that was the easy part. I am still learning guitar (self taught) but will re post when its all done.

Cheers again mate.

Corbs

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 09, 2018, 10:01 AM

Hey Luke! I’ve been absent here for a while too. I see where you’re going with this. Cool vibe. I hear the Nirvana connection as well but that’s probably just because of how stripped down this demo is. Once you add in drums, bass, and heavier guitars that may change. Will you post updates here as the song progresses? I’m curious to see where this one ends up!

As far as genre. Who cares. Just write what ya think sounds cool and figure out the genre later :)

John Evans Joined Oct 01, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 05:10 PM

Yeah similar to early nirvana tapes (which isn’t a bad thing). I think you sound a little restrained in your vocals, could maybe try belting it out I think it would sound better. You’ve got a really good, tuneful voice. Good work.

RealKevM Joined Jan 12, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 10:13 PM

Cheers for the feedback John. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I’m a long way from home and with limited coverage. Looking to lay down some drums hopefully tonight and will re-post. It will still be a rough demo but will give you the idea. Will keep you posted as it evolves mate.
Cheers again mate.

Corbs

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 10:16 PM

G’day Kev

Good to hear from you mate. I’m hearing you about the vocal. Funny thing is I was actually letting it rip. Just a cheap crappy mic. Don’t want to blame to tools mate but the mic is a shocker. Have just ordered a condenser mic. Hope to get a better sound from that.
Cheers again for the feedback mate.

Corbs

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 17, 2018, 09:47 AM
Gavin Sinclair - 26 June 2018 04:56 PM

Hi Luke. It’s hard to tell from the demo. What style would this be, metal?

G’day Gav

It’s a Little Rock ballad/alternative/grunge mate. Don’t really know what to classify it as mate. Didn’t think of it until you asked. Could probably make up a new genre mate. Hahahahaha

Take care

Corbs

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM