Producer

Jun 27, 2018, 11:30 AM

Hello! I collaborated with someone to write a song, and now we’re looking for someone to properly produce it. Here’s a link to a (very, very rough) recording of the song:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox7y6qqpey7tpw1/homeless heart.m4a?dl=0

We’re not really looking for a vocalist – I can sing it – but we’d really like a nicely produced instrumental for the song. We don’t have the means to make one ourselves, unfortunately.

If you’re interested in producing for us, please PM me! We’d love to work with you.

Anna Huynh Joined Jun 12, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 27, 2018, 12:22 PM

Seems to me that you’re looking for a musician rather than a producer, someone to provide a nice recording of the guitar track. Is that right?

If you are looking for more than that, e.g. professionally recorded with more than one instrument, there are services that will do this for you at a price. A lot of them are in Nashville. They’re easy enough to find on Google. Before shelling out the money, you should, of course, think about what you aim to achieve with the song, and whether it is worth spending the money.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 27, 2018, 12:32 PM

Just sent a PM to you and Carroll.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 27, 2018, 04:57 PM

Hi Anna,
would you please specify the chord progression with the lyrics?
As I hear it, it seems to be in the key of G in 4/4.

For the Intro: 8 bars: - - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /

For the verses: 8 bars: - - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /

For the chorus: 12 bars: - - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /

For the instrumental: 8 bars: - - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /- - - - /

Have fun!

Guy E. Trépanier Joined Dec 05, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 28, 2018, 02:12 AM

Hi Guy! Here’s the chord progression:

INTRO:
G - - - / G/F# - - - / C - - - / G - - - /

VERSE:
G - - - / G/F# - - - / C - D - / G - - - /
The exception to this one is the first verse, where for some reason I completely left the D out. I guess it works either way, although for the sake of consistency it’d probably be best to stick to what’s written.

CHORUS:
G - B7 - / Em D C - / G - B7 - / Em D C - / Am - D - / G - - - /

INSTRUMENTAL:
G - - - / Em - - - / Am - - - / C - D - /

I know I condensed it from 8 measures to 4 measures and 12 to 6 from what you had; that’s mostly just because I didn’t want to have to write things out twice, since there were a lot of chords that were played for two measures. Hope this helps!

Anna Huynh Joined Jun 12, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 28, 2018, 06:52 PM

I just gotta say that that was lovely. I really enjoyed it. Nice vocal work Anna. I hope you find your muso.

Jen

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 28, 2018, 09:48 PM

At very least I hope we can get a better backing guitar track .

carroll kiphen Joined Feb 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM